Paclitaxel - anybody currently on it/had it?

• 12 replies
  • 11 subscribers

I’ve been told today that I have to do chemotherapy again. I was offered capecitabine and a possible clinical trial but I opted to go all-in with the chemo because I feel like everything else will just be prolonging the inevitable. (I had the red chemo - I can’t remember the name, and docetaxel in 2018 after first diagnosis), and I will be starting paclitaxel soon - what’s it like? Other than the obvious, hair falling out, etc... My CNS says it’s ‘gentler’ than docetaxel. Can anybody give me a heads-up - thanks!

Shel

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I finished 12 rounds of Paclitaxel in February and found it ok. Bit of diarrhoea for a day or two after treatment and some numbness and tingling in my toes which I still have, but apart from that I felt ok. I've heard it's gentler than Docetaxel too. I had it weekly and it had less side effects than the red one, FEC. That one is really not nice. Hope all goes well.

Babs Hearts

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi ShelleyL, i was put on Paclitaxel in March and i am in on Monday for the start of cycle 5. No problems for me apart from pins and needles and nails have lost their shine. Using a cold cap during treatment which has helped me retain my hair.