When should I start chemotherapy?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hello, I would like some advice please and wondered if anyone had any information about starting chemotherapy. I had surgery for breast cancer on 3rd October, I am grade3 HER2 positive. I still haven’t been given an appointment to start my chemo and am getting anxious as I have read that it is best to start approx 30 days after surgery. I saw my oncologist last week and have been told that I will need chemo, herceptin and radiation treatment plus biosphosphates ( not sure if that is how you spell it), but that I need a heart X-ray before it starts. Is this wait usual or am I being overly anxious? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dreamthief

Well had the docetaxol, carboplatin, zomeda plus a nice selection of pre meds, and steroids and injections to take home. Feeling ok but a bit flushed in the face, also suffering from constipation. Any suggestions on a good laxative that I can take?  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I always take sennakot because it works by softening stools instead of making your bowel contract so is kinder. Lots and lots of fluids, fruit juice and for me, eating  prunes always works wonders.