Sore mouth - any advice please?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi all

My dad has had his first dose of docetoxal  last week but he started with a sore mouth a couple of days ago.  Presumably this is part of the chemo side effects.  Has anyone else suffered with this please and is there anything we can buy to treat it or anything from gp please?  

Thanks

• I’m about to have cycle 3 of 6. Week 1 after I find worst, I’ve made jelly which is nice and cooling, soft tooth brush and a non-alcohol mouth wash,  Also docetoxel,

I started to lose my hair and was waking with itchy face from hair on pillow so shaved it off using electric body shaver rather than risk razor.

I don’t have taste so was prone to add too much salt, so resigned to bland taste. I assume if for prostrate he’s also on hormone therapy which also affects mood etc which won’t help if he’s also got sore mouth.

• The other thing that helped was keeping a bottle of water in the fridge, the water softens and the cool is nice

For jelly I made jelly using strawberries which helped up vitamin C intake

best Regards

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi.

I only just started chemo and was advised by oncology nurse and another patient who was on his 9th cycle of chemo to use "Corsodyl Daily" mouthwash.  When I looked in Sainsburys, the Corsodyl Daily product was on the shelf above the other Corsodyl products (which I think may be more intensive). 

I hope you find something that helps you.

Best wishes

Squire