Chemo and low blood pressure

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi I’m just wondering when your on chemo do you get low blood pressure? My Dad is on folfox and on a few occasions when he’s been out and stood for long periods of times he’s just collapsed and the paramedics each time have says it’s because his blood pressure has dipped. It’s quite worrying that it happens but it seems to only happen when he’s been standing for a while, he never had this before chemo so I’m guessing it’s got to be the chemo that’s causing this. Any advice would be great thank you 

Danni 

• Hi

Having never had chemotherapy I don't know if it causes low blood pressure so I've found this information about FOLFOX and it's side effects for you. I can't see that it mentions low blood pressure as a side effect but if your dad hasn't already reported this symptom to his oncology team it would probably be a good idea for him to do so. They can then investigate further if necessary.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi Latchbrook  

Thanks for the reply, I thought one of the side effects of chemo was low blood pressure but thank you I will have a look at the link you gave thank you xxx