Newly diagnosed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi. I’ve been diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer. I’m terrified. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi , my girlfriend was diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer 6 years ago .She got surgery treatment , after that chemotherapy . She is ok now , she  cameback to her work two years ago . Good luck to you . 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you so much for your reply. This has filled me with hope. X

• FormerMember

Hi hope you see this reply!! I havent been on the site for a while...i too was diagnosed stage 2,had surgery november 2017 and finished 6 lots of chemo a year ago tomorrow!! I am doing great just struggling with the joys of surgical menopause and the whole of actually having had cancer! Its very sureal but it will get easier...hope youre doing well xx

• FormerMember

Hello!  Thanks for the reply. Just had my second chemo!  Leg pain a real nuisance. Frowning2

• FormerMember

Sixth chemotherapy completed!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Please don't get terrified everything will be good.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pink Flamingo.  It's natural what you are going through, I was also terrified when they broke the news to me,  One day at a time, remember, one day at a time.  Everyone on here will give you all their support, it's a natural reaction to being told that you have cancer, best laxative I know of.ha ha ha.  Still just take it easy and read what people are telling you, ask you oncologist, nurse practioner, trawl the internet. Get digging into what you have, the crowd on here are fantastic, helpful, and they know how to listen, aswell.  Good luck, we are all here for you. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

When you've been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, your doctor will work with you to decide what treatment is right for you. How much surgery you have depends on how far the cancer has spread. Please do consult a good doctor and if you are facing any financial problem regarding this treatment then take the help from The Health Exchange Agency who will provide some health insurance plan and one of them is medicare supplement plan G .