Scared and angry

• 4 replies
  • 47 subscribers

I'm scared, angry and heartbroken.. Love of my life been diagnosed terminal linitis plastica stomach cancer just three weeks ago and I just can't cope well. He do not have much time left, cancer is already spread out of stomach. I'm a registered nurse and have cared so many cancer patients and still cannot believe that this 'monster' is in our life now. 

I'm worried about going to be alone when he is gone. 

• Hi  and Welcome to Carers, although I'm sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis. Fear of being alone is a normal reaction that most of us have and my heart goes out to you. Some days I can be practical, others I'm emotional. As someone who works with cancer patients you know what to expect but it's a two-edged sword as you know more than most of us, which can be helpful and worrying at the same time. We're here whenever you need us and I hope we'll be able to support you as you go on this painful journey.

Thinking of you, LoobyLou 

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there,I'm so sorry to hear of your partners diagnosis.Have you any family or friends you can talk to or even speak to your GP about your worries.He may be able to offer you some counselling.I know at this stage that's probably the last thing on your mind thinking about yourself but if you could get some support in place it may help to talk through your fears.I think seeing other stories on this website makes you feel less isolated.I really hope you get the strength and support you need.x

• Hi Shieldmaiden,

Im so sorry to hear that and my heart goes out to you. My husband was diagnosed with inoperable and incurable stomach cancer in December. We are devastated but trying to fight against the odds. He has lost nearly 7 stone and is now on his second lot of chemo as first didn’t work as well as they’d hoped. Prognosis is not great but right now we just take each day as it comes and just concentrate in n the practical stuff to try and keep him as well as possible.

i totally understand how you feel though about worrying about being alone. Most of the time I go from day to day doing what I can to take bc are of my husband and be thankful that he is still with me, but if I have a bad day and think about the future too much I can get so overwhelmed. I’m 46 and he’s 51 and I can’t believe this is happening to us. I try and think there are people worse off but sometimes it’s hard.

pkease stay in touch as it’s good to share how we are feeling with others. Sometimes just to know someone gets how I feel can help so much. 
    Don’t give up x

• Hi, I am so sorry.

Trying to take in such overwhelming, devastating news is too bloody hard any of us to cope with. 

We had a conversation with my husbands oncologist just 8 weeks ago, I too turned to this forum and found the kindness and support from strangers, so heartwarming. It does help to share.

In that 8 weeks I’ve stopped crying, I push the future out of my head and focus on the here and now.

Today I learnt how to detach my husbands Picc line from his chemo pump. 

Take care.......big big Hugging Budge