Carers only

Looking after a loved one with cancer? This is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions. Please remember when posting that this group is for Carers only.

Wide Awake

Trentlady
Posted by

Sunday night saw us in A&E again.,this time for eight hours and we arrived home around 4,30am. You would think after a night spent sitting on an uncomfortable chair in a bed bay trying to get help for my husband , l would relish the chance to sleep in my own bed. Yet here l am ,wide awake, wondering what to say to the GP if we can get an appointment tomorrow. I do all the things l am supposed to do., set aside a particular time for strategizing, make the bedroom a Cancer  free zone where l pretend we have not been living' thru the looking glass' for the past 13 months. I am tired but here l am, nearly 5am, needing to be up at 7am to take our daughter to the station for her daily commute, wide awake.

panic
Posted by

Hi Trentlady.

I hear you and I feel you. What you've described was what it was like towards the end of my late darlings life.

The worst bit is that 4 months after her passing, I still cannot get to sleep before 3AM and cannot stay asleep after 6PM.

Cancer truly is the cut that never heals. :-(

The day after your journey ends, the sun will still rise.
As will you.
Trentlady
Posted by

Thankyou for your kindness