Mums eating

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Mum's not eaten properly for months,now and all of a,sudden she's eating loads she,wanted the m and s trifle and has,scoffed it in 2 days she's eaten a full roast today followed by rice pudding I don't understand how this has happened her cancer is spreading and she has only a few months is this normal ? Xxx

• My dad was admitted into a hospice a little over 2 weeks ago. At home, he would hardly eat anything just a couple of spoonfuls now and then, despite being on dexamethasone steroids for a few months, which in the past during treatment boosted his appetite.. When he got into the hospice though and up until a couple of days ago, he started to tuck in to 3 course meals. It was a joy to see him eat that way again. He was enjoying the food he ate. The food at the hospice looks lovely. It is really well presented on the plate, like a posh restaurant. I asked him if he was eating because he was hungry or if he was bored? He said probably because he was bored. Now though, as quick as that change started it has gone back. The docs say the cancer is progressing fast and he hasn’t got much longer, weeks if that. 

Who knows how long this eating will last, but let her enjoy it while it does and you too. Get down to m&s and fill your basket with all those goodies!! To hell with the cost!! You only live once!

• My dad was admitted into a hospice a little over 2 weeks ago. At home, he would hardly eat anything just a couple of spoonfuls now and then, despite being on dexamethasone steroids for a few months, which in the past during treatment boosted his appetite.. When he got into the hospice though and up until a couple of days ago, he started to tuck in to 3 course meals. It was a joy to see him eat that way again. He was enjoying the food he ate. The food at the hospice looks lovely. It is really well presented on the plate, like a posh restaurant. I asked him if he was eating because he was hungry or if he was bored? He said probably because he was bored. Now though, as quick as that change started it has gone back. The docs say the cancer is progressing fast and he hasn’t got much longer, weeks if that. 

Who knows how long this eating will last, but let her enjoy it while it does and you too. Get down to m&s and fill your basket with all those goodies!! To hell with the cost!! You only live once!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sbt123

Thank you so much for tak8ng the time to reply to me I'm so sorry to hear about your dad 

We took mum to Brighton for mothers day weekend and she ate really well but went back to picking at food or not eating at all 

Then all she went on about was this trifle which is flying off the shelves,and hard to get lol typical but we managed to get 2

It's so hard to get your head round how Ill they are when they eat loads and,she also has a couple of months at the most 

I'm sending you lots of love for you and your dad xxxxx