Shopping

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi everyone

My husband has started shopping before cancer diagnosis he wasn't bothered,and I wonder if this normal?

We now have 4 clocks, 8 backpacks, 4 pairs of new shoes, 2 mobility scooters and a manual wheelchair.

He is wanting to buy another mobility scooter as he fell off his today, it has 3 wheels and he lost his balance on it. The other one has 4 wheels but is too heavy for him to push.

I don't want to moan at him, so has anyone got any ideas,?

• Hi  

I know some people talk of retail therapy, I wonder if your husband is just trying to feel in control of something. Mobility scooters in my experience are not that small so I might wonder if we had that many where we could possibly store them.

I can certainly see that a four wheel scooter would be more stable than 3, I am not sure what significance of it being too heavy to push is.

I wonder if it might help to see if anyone on the helpline has any ideas - you could try giving them a call and they might be able to suggest a way to approach this with your husband that comes across as supportive rather than moaning.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge