Not the same man

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

We have been together 25 years he has prostate cancer uncurable and treatments chemo not working   for months he's been awful to live with,  he resents every one , he angry all the time but when  I tell him he gets worse , gesture just a very nasty man  now, his mobility is bad and can't do much I've done everything help but my mental heath is declining , I'm greving the life we had the laughs we had, I cry and cry every day nit helped as he's arguing with everyone 

• Hi

Sorry to read this but in a way glad you recognize the impact on your own mental health. There is a good resource here that might be useful to you. 

In terms of you noticing the greving - this is very common too as we can see here.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Tina 22 , Sounds identical to what is happening in my house , we have been married 45 years and I can honestly say I don't recognise the person he has become , he has renal cancer incurable, after many different treatments the cancer is now progressing,  he is under our local hospice and Macmillan which has been a god send for me as they are there for me aswell,  I have taken the ranting,  shouting, swearing on the chin ,but it got to a point where he was being downright horrible with his comments to family and friends that came to the house , I mentioned this to hospice consultant and she prescribed some amitriptyline which has helped ( he still has his moments) it might be worth speaking to your GP or Macmillan nurse as you really do have to look after yourself health wise and mentally,  its the most difficult thing you will ever have to deal with ,hope things improve for you .

Take care x

• Thank you I will try what you suggest , he's having a calm day , I think which has not help.he lost his brother last week who he didn't get on with and now has the task of arrangements although he mentally and physically struggling and also putting a financial problem on us as we're struggling,  it doesn't rain it pours