Feeling exhausted and lonely

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

It’s the early hours again and I’m crying, everyone says call me if you need to chat anytime but how can you.I feel so alone. My husband of 44 yrs has deteriorated in the last few months. He has fought cancer for the last 7 years always been strong never complained. No more treatment for the last15 months. Done so well but barely eating no energy and can’t walk far. It’s so hard watching someone you love dying.such a cruel disease. I lay in the next room waiting and listening ,as so many others do.

• Oh Daisy Rose

I am so sorry read this. I hope today is feeling like a less lonely day. You're right everyone is so kind but when it comes down to it, especially in the middle of the night, we don't want to "bother" them and end up feeling alone. I wish there was more support I could offer here.

Please remember you can reach out here anytime. There are members of the group based all over the world so with the various time zones I'd hope someone was about. 

The helpline is also here for you (I know there are time constraints on the opening hours but please remember it;s there for you) The number is below.

We've not got to that end of the journey yet but already I can see how hard and how cruel this is. 

Sending you a huge virtual hug, love and light. Stay strong. You will get through this and you are not alone

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you wee me, I send you hugs also for what you are going through, we lost our 37 yr old daughter to cancer two years ago it’s so hard to be going through it again.life can be so cruel. I manage to keep busy during the day it’s these early yours I struggle with.x

• Oh Daisy rose you are absolutely not alone.  I regularly see the wee hours, lying with my brain going into overdrive with 'what ifs'.   It's the hardest time to deal with this and you feel like the whole world is sleeping except you. I'm so sorry that your husband is going through this.  Please know that I'm thinking of you right now and sending you warm virtual support and hugs.   My daughter is a cancer survivor, sadly my wonderful young son-in-law is also fighting this terrible disease and is not in a good place.  But you are not alone at all Daisy rose.  Please know that.  Warm big hugs