Anniversary

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

My husband died in April leaving behind 2 amazing children and a huge gap in my life. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary which I can't mention to my kids as they have had to deal with enough firsts already.  First kid in their class with a dad with terminal cancer, first funeral, first birthday without a dad....but I'm so sad. They've seen me fall apart and whilst they are amazing they are struggling in different ways. Neither want counselling and I can't lay this out to them but I don't know how I will get through tomorrow.  No-one else will mention it but with school holidays and no structure to the day I don't know how I'm going to manage to hold it together.  My kids are 12 and 15 and have enough hormone driven grief without me adding to it. I guess I'm not looking for any answer just needing to type it out to help me face how hard tomorrow will be.

• Hi YT3

I hope today isn't as tough as you feared yesterday.  I hope you've managed to do something nice with your kids even if it was just coffee and a cake or a walk in a park. 

Kids are far more resilient than we parents give them credit for so perhaps tell  them its a hard day for you but also  one that holds memories of a special day too.

sending you a huge virtual hug. 

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm