Hiking together for mental health

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hello, I lost my husband to GBM last year. I feel all your pain and I have the utmost respect and empathy for you all. I have been hiking for the last 12 months to help with my mental health. In two weeks I will start to hike from Ben Nevis to Snowdon, completing approx 25 miles per day.  I wish you all strength and I am sending love, the journey you are on isn't easy but you will get through it. x

• Hi

At one point my GP prescribed eco-therapy - when I went "what?" he replied going for a walk - especially in nature. Fortunately there is quite a nice park near my home so this was not too challenging and it did really help me.

Sounds like a really interesting challenge to take on, perhaps you might share some pictures along the way.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Steve

What a great GP you have! The great outdoors has helped me keep my heart open. I use my time in green space to think about what has happened. When these thoughts become too much I only need to lift my head up to see a spectacular view that fills me with hope.

Keep walking and moving forward,

Sheree

Ps here are a couple from our training hikes, I will post more when we start.