Struggling

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

I'm struggling with emotions both mine and my husband's.(he has a grade 4 brain tumor diagnosed in December) people say if there is anything we can do, keep positive and you are doing so well.

I don't feel positive or I'm doing well. Quite the opposite in fact.i feel like my husband would be better off without me .we are constantly arguing and I'm finding it hard to cope with the mood swings (both mine and his)

• Hi

Sorry to hear about your husband and the effect it is having on you and your relationship.

I know when my wife was first diagnosed the number of friends who would say things like she is doing so well or it will be fine - I really believe they were trying to help but really it was not much help at all.  One of the things my wife really hates is someone telling her how brave she is - like we were given a choice.

Frankly I broke and then some people picked my up and dusted me down and helped me take the next step. Then I did a living with less stress course with Maggies. Helped me to live in the moment and worry less about that dark future than may exist - or may not . Then the conscious breathing exercises are great for dealing with the unexpected curve balls but also are quite good to helping me relax too.

Having some great friends on here can be really helpful - some days are hard but mostly together we manage somehow.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge