Brain tumor

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

.y husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumor in December he had radiotherapy and chemotherapy which didn't work and so they gave him more intensive chemo tablets.

I'm finding it hard to cope with the mood swings and we seem to be constantly arguments.i feel exhausted but not sleeping properly.very emotional most of the time feeling lonely and angry at the world.

Trying to hold everything together for our11 year old daughter.

• Hello Rock chick

My heart goes out to you- my husband is going through the same with a grade 4 Glioblastoma diagnosed in January 22.

There are lots of people on here who understand what you are going through and you are not alone. The McMillan Cancer Support line is brilliant and so are Maggies at the hospital.

I have to keep reminding myself that not only has my husband got cancer, he also has a brain injury which makes him a different person now. I've had to find patience and learn to hold my tongue- that's been very challenging for me! 

It's a lonely, difficult time and you are right to feel angry and emotional, don't be too hard on yourself. Make some time for yourself and accept help from others. 

Sending you lots of virtual hugs in support.