Dad has cancer..

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Dad was diagnosed with advance prostrate cancer that has metastilised to his bones, and when I mean bones it is in every bone bar from his left shin.  He was diagnosed late 2016, 18 months after losing mum to ovarian.  Cancer really is a b***h

Up until the last 1 he has coped amazingly and has managed to live a well and 'healthy' life, 2 hospitisations a d things aren't looking so great 

So here I am trying to look after Dad, look after my family and hold down a full time job ...I manage a care home.  I do have a brother who could help but prefers to Bury his head in the sand and pretend this isn't happening to us again.  So it's tough it's really bloody tough. 

I'm not sure what I'm after posting on here, but maybe needed a rant to people that get it..I hope.

Thank you for listening 

Hels

• Hello

If your Dad needs someone with him 24/7, there is no easy solution, do you think talking to your brother and explaining how much your dad needs his help, would work. You can get McMillan and hospice support, but I think that’s only care visits, for washing meals, etc. I hope someone on here has some better ideas for you.

take care.

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories