Advice needed

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi everyone I'm new to this group.

My husband was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer. This unfortunately is not our first time dealing with cancer as our daughter was diagnosed at age 7 with cancer she is cancer free know and has been for the last 4 years.

Since my husband has been diagnosed I have found it hard and have took time off from work recently as was finding it hard to cope with work home and everything else. I have been off for 4 weeks my husband is still receiving treatment but I'm not sure if I should try to gp back to work or stay off till chemotherapy has ended. 

Some advice would be great. Has anyone been thought similar.xx

• Hello

i was not in the same position, as I was already retired when Linda needed my help. I don’t know if I’m the best one to answer you, I hope someone replies with a more specific answer. My only thought is, that if finances aren’t a problem, and you are able to take extended time off work, I feel it may be more comforting for your husband to know you’re around for him, and less stressful for you. But unfortunately finances always have a roll in these things.

i hope you get a more pertinent reply soon

sending you strength 

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Hi there

My dad was diagnosed with gastric cancer a few weeks ago and I flew back to UK from NZ to provide support to him and my mum. I've been taking time off work while this has gone on and decided in the end to stay in the UK till he was over the hurdle. 

For me, whilst work was a distraction it also put a lot of pressure on as well so I've decided to focus on family for now. Everyone copes differently but if it does help ease pressure and give you more time to focus on your husband then perhaps take as long as you need to? Also agree if finances are not an issue then do whats best for you and your family.