New to this talking about it

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi there, well where do I start... my husband had tonsil cancer about 7 years ago...after surgery and radiotherapy all clear yay. 

Then 3 and a half years ago we went on holiday.  He had a few headaches,  paracetamol helped. On day 3 of returning we ended up in A&E. Results were  brain tumour.  Eventually it was discovered it was secondary lung cancer...never smoked in his life.

So many treatments which some successful...especially steriotactic radiosurgery more brain tumours treated with same...brilliant.

Chemo worked for over a year...then came covid!!!

A year of being ping ponged to different oncologist for different treatments that never transpired. Eventually ended up with tumour progression and spread to liver and kidneyPensive

Then tried immunotherapy which unfortunately didn't work. 

Now on last line chemo and chemo tablets....side effects pants but trying to look on the bright side.

I'm actually off work with stress and anxiety.  I can't stipulate enough...talk to your Dr....you can't  deal with this stuff forever on your own as a carer... believe me I've tried.

We are hopeful it will slow this bloody disease down and give us more time.

Stay strong everyone. 

Any words of wisdom are very welcome...thank you 

Xxx

• Hi

Thank you for sharing your story - there was certainly a point in my wife's journey where I broke - probably the 2nd collapsed lung.

In her case she seems vaguely indestructible - now in living with cancer mode but realistic enough to know nobody really knows what our future holds.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for responding.  Yes my husband has always said they are talking about someone else. Yet here we are on day 4 after last line chemo and he's not got up....hopefully next week he'll be back to his usual self. Wish he could stay on steroids....understand why not but literally transforms xxx