Womb cancer clear cell

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi.

im struggling with the diagnosis of my mums womb cancer in February.

Mum is 80 and has since had a full hysterectomy and lymph glands removed as she had clear cell cancer which was diagnosed as aggressive.

Her operation went well and although she was really poorly post operation she is getting there. I’m struggling with the massive change in her as she was always so active before.

We are waiting on hospital to advise on follow up treatment but if I’m honest I’m not sure she can take a lot more. 

Feels so unfair and hard to bear sometimes as trying to convince myself that this will all be over soon.

Ali

• Hi

Sorry to hear about your mum, a hysterectomy at any time is a major operation and often takes a lot of time to recover from without adding to the cancer issues.

One of the things my wife often hears is something like "you are so brave" - but she points out there is nothing brave about this, we are just dealing with the hand life decided to throw at us.

I did a living with less stress course that really helped me, perhaps the very simplest takeaway could be summed up in the phrase " Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace."

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge