my husbands throat cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 43 subscribers

hello all. my husband john was diagnosed with terminal throat cancer, one year this week. he was given about nine months without treatment. he had chemo. and it shrunk the tumers but they are back. it has been found he cannot have a stent to open his gullet, as they are too high. he now faces more chemo. but first has to build up weight, as he struggles to swallow. they are going to give him a feeding tube as soon as possible. what are are we to reasonably expect now ?.

• Hi , just noticed your post. Sorry to hear about what you and your husband are going through. I have no recent experience with throat cancer (my mother had it but that was in 1956!). You'll probably get more  responses from the Throat Cancer group

Hugs,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LoobyLou49

thank you loobylou49 for getting in touch. I am not computer friendly and have no idea how to navigate this online. I am almost 70 and my husband is 72.we do our best. thanks again. xx

• Hi ,

I'm with you there. 70 myself but lucky enough to have had computer lessons at college when I was teaching. Let me know if I can post any other links.

Love and hugs,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LoobyLou49

thanks so much looby I feel less alone already.

• So pleased to hear that ,

Big hugs,

LoobyLou