Advice needed for husbands painful rashes and sores

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi all, I’m new to this group and this is my first post! My husband is awaiting a diagnosis having had xrays blood tests and a ct scan last week. So at the moment we’re not actually sure what his diagnosis is. He has been quite poorly for a few months but in the last few weeks he has deteriorated quite noticeably. 

He has a lot of symptoms but what we really need advice on is the rashes and sores that he has around his body. At the moment they are quite painful and itchy. He’s been having a couple of baths a day with bicarbonate of soda. He’s also been applying Eucerin Aquaphor balm. Other than that I don’t know what else I can do to help. I was hoping that others might have some advice or tips to help ease this symptom.

Thanks

• Hi there, have you asked gp for advice, there maybe something they can give to help. You mentioned that the rashes could be itchy, maybe an oral antihistamine or E45 anti itch cream, pharmacist would be able to advise. Perhaps check with them though that it is OK for him to have them otherwise I suggest cotton sheets, loose clothes etc. I hope he gets some relelief as I know how horrible it is. Hope all goes well x

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Needing friends

Thank you for replying with some advice. He has been to the gp this week but forgot to ask about his skin! I’ll give the antihistamines and E45 a try.  Thanks again!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hello! From what I understand the rash and sores are not caused by actual treatment - if so you could try applying St. John’s wort oil to the skin, definitely check with your doctor first though! It’s good for sore skin and helps with healing. Best wishes to you!