Hello

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 43 subscribers

ive just joined and I’m not sure what to even say 

let’s see, emergency trip to a&e on bank holiday Monday resulted in tests and a call back to discuss results. He was told there’s no clear result so to have a scan as they see a shadow on lower back around lungs 

got the all clear for prostate cancer earlier this year 

surely they’d have tested if it had spread or seen something then?

all his relatives so far have passed through cancer (brother, mother, father) 

he wouldn’t let me go with him to Scan today I don’t know what hospital or what’s time just it’s this morning . I have heard nothing 

do they give results same day? Is it normal to suppose he may still be there or do I need to brace myself? 

Hes 53, non smoker, relatively fit 

• Hi and welcome to the Community. There would have been no need for further tests after the all clear from prostate cancer if the blood test showed nothing. If this is cancer it isn't necessarily connected. My husband has been treated for three cancers in the last two years and none is connected to the others in any way, prostate cancer is one of them. Scan results vary from area to area but we didn't get them back any sooner than two weeks. It's bad luck to put it mildly. We could hardly believe that he had three different cancers, but it happens and the scans for one did not show the other two; they were in different areas. My own lung shadow turned out to be scarring from pneumonia so it isn't always cancer. I hope you soon hear and that it is not what you fear.

Hugs,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you