Oesophagus cancer

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

HAS ANYONE HAD THE OPERATION 

WE GOT OURS 17TH APRIL

HEARD MOST FROM PRE OP WHAT HAPPENS AFTER CARE BUT CAME ACROSS A VIEW WITH THEY HAVE A FEEDING TUBE FOR A WHILE AND DUMPING A LOT

NOT BEEN TOLD ABOUT A FEEDING TUBE BUT I DID TELL HUSBAND NOT HAPPENING YOUR STAY IN THERE TILL YOU CAN EAT

HEARTLESS I KNOW BUT I GOT WORK WE DONT GET AID SO ONLY INCOME IS MINE AND HIS GOVERMENT PENSION AS WORK ONE WAS CRAP,

Just is normal for me not the one that ill with stress he fine but i like stressed in how we going to cope i thought with 4 rounds chemo was bad enough he not quite a good person when ill as  it goes, just would like some info of a feeding tube do they have one ? as if necessary his sister who lives 5 hours away from me would take him till he back on his eating routine with out feeding tube ,

• Hi  sorry to hear about your concerns.

The cancer journey can be such a challenging and stressful time but reaching out to the community will give you the opportunity to ask questions and getting support from others who are on the ‘exact’ same journey.

As you know the Community is actually divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you consider joining and posting in our dedicated Gullet (oesophagus) cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from family members who are navigating the same journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge