Bladder Cancer

• 1 reply
  • 7 subscribers

Hi,

I hope it may be reassuring for future patients to say that I was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer and Prostate Cancer in 2013, two courses of ineffective chemo' later I underwent a cystoprostatectomy in 2014 in Bradford -- it may be an old Hospital but Surgical Staff and Nurses were all A1 !

I was told to do what I was told and would walk out in 10days -- and I did !

8 years later I wear a Urostomy pouch, changed daily, instead of a wooden overcoat! and will always be  grateful for the wonderful treatment

received at Bradford.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

That's great to read that you responded so well to treatment and thanks for taking the time to post about your experience.

As the online community is divided up into different support groups I'm going to recommend that you also post this in the bladder cancer group, which I can see that you've already joined, and also the prostate cancer group as you'll then connect directly with others who have had these types of cancer.

The links I've created will take you directly to the groups. In the case of the prostate cancer group you'll need to join it in the same way as you did this group one before you'll be able to create a new post.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"