Which one?? 1) Weekly Paclitaxel 2) Oral Capecitabine 3) Everolimus + Exemestane

• 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hello,

My mum has breast cancer that has spread to liver. She was having fortnightly chemo injections (apologise I can’t remember the exact name of treatment). Unfortunately that hasn’t made much difference. She has been offered three new treatments and I am wondering if anyone has an experience or advice on which one to go with?? 1) Weekly Paclitaxel 2) Oral Capecitabine 3) Everolimus + Exemestane

Thank you 

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your mum has been diagnosed with breast cancer which has spread to her liver and it's natural that you'd want to learn about the different treatments she's been offered.

As you know the online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to recommend that you also join the secondary breast cancer group which is a great place to ask questions and share experiences with others who are likely to have experience with the treatments being offered to your mum.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Thank you for your response. I have joined that group and will post on there x