Ovarian Cancer

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

I recently had a hysterectomy 7 weeks ago due to having a rare ovarian cancer. I was very lucky because they were able to take the cancer out and I just need to be checked every 3 months but I am struggling to come to terms that 1. I will never be able to have kids 2. I am going through menopause at the age of 36 and 3. Feeling like I am never going to get back to normal. I have brilliant parents and sisters but I feel like they don’t understand because they have not gone through this before so I am hoping there is someone who has gone through the same thing to help and just talk through if everything I am going through is normal. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I certainly found that talking to other people who have experienced the same as me was very helpful.

As you know, the online community is divided into different support forums so I hope you don't mind me recommending that you also join and post in the ovarian cancer forum as you'll then connect directly with others who have had a similar diagnosis to you.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"