cancer surgery without anaesthetic

• 2 replies
  • 3 subscribers

i have prostate, lymph, bladder, bowl and anal cancer. unfortunately i have a bad heart  which can be restarted quite easily on small amounts of anaesthetic but is quite stubborn on larger amounts, has anyone had any cancer surgery or heard of anyone  who has without anaesthetic. i have had some minor operations without, stung a bit, and have heard of alternatives which i know almost nothing about i ask this more in hope than expectation.

• Hello eddiel

I am sorry to hear that you have cancer in your prostate, lymph, bladder,bowel and anus. Having a heart condition alongside this must make things more challenging. 

The best person to ask about this is your own doctor who has all your details however if you are looking for more of a general idea then you could give the Support Line a call and ask to speak to one of the nurses. They would be able to give you a general idea about the type of surgery that you may need and what the options are. The number is at the bottom of this and they are lovely on there.

An alternative is to post in the Ask an Expert section for the nurses. They would normally respond within 3 working days. I will pop a link below in case it is something you would like to do.

Ask a Nurse - Macmillan Online Community

Hope this helps a bit but if there is anything else you need please do ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• hi jane2511 much appreciated a macmillan nurse  has been in touch and when i have every question i can think of ready will phone them. At GP tomorrow will ask them too and maybe call oncologist to get full results of my treatment .thanks again jane hope you are well. PS anal gland cancer not anus, that sounds awful, take care