Brain surgery complication

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Over 4 years ago I received surgery to remove a tumour from my brain. This has left what I describe as a dip in my skull. It is not too big but quite deep. It did not cause a problem until about 10 months ago when it became quite smelly. I have been back and forward to the doctors but they can’t explain it. I have been back to neurosurgery but they say it’s nothing they can help with. I wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem post brain surgery and found a solution; even after washing it smells!

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read about the problems you've had since you've had a tumour removed from your brain and it's natural to want to find a solution.

As you know the online community is divided into different support forums, so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you might also like to consider joining and posting in the brain cancer forum as you'll then connect directly with others who may have experienced something similar.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope you find an answer to your problem soon.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"