Travel insurance .?Help

• 2 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Travel insurance .Hi I had colon cancer 7 years ago.breast cancer 5 years ago no chemo ,implant.do I still have to declare on my insurance???

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

To answer your question, it very much depends how the question is worded. If it says "have you ever had cancer" then the answer is yes. The most important thing is that you must answer truthfully otherwise, if you have to claim, you may find that your insurance is invalid.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find  travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis so can I recommend that you join us over in the travel insurance group where you'll find recommendations from others who have been successful. Once you've joined look for the thread called 'recommended travel insurance' as this is where the majority of recommendations are.

Most people say that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

I hope this helps

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"