Colon Cancer Surgery & Full Abdominal Hysterectomy

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Brand new here at Macmillan.

I have recently been diagnosed with colon cancer. We believe it is stage 1. I am due to go into hospital on Monday 10th October, for colo-rectal surgery and full abdominal hysterectomy. 

I understand this is a pretty major surgery, and don't know anybody who has been through the same procedure. I guess what I am looking for here is to chat with others that have been through the same surgery and the after treatment. 

Appreciate any help or advice, thank you in advance!

Bernie.

• Hi Bernie  and welcome to the Community but sorry to see you joining us and to hear about your diagnoses and treatment plan.

This is such a stressful and challenging time but when it comes to support there is nothing better than talking with others who are on the exact same cancer and treatment journey.

This is a general surgery group so you may pick up some replies but can I suggest you also consider joining our supportive Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the Green (Bold) link(s) I have created above. Once the group page opens click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New or + (Depending on the device you are using) and you are ready to go. You could copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge