Pain after surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 3 subscribers

I am 2 weeks post op and have had lumpectomy,3 lymph nodes removed and reconstruction. I am still in some pain especially when mobile. Not sure if painkillers are strong enough (ibropofen and paracetomol 4 hrly)  breast is swollen which is understandable considering the amount of surgery done at one time but how much swelling is considered as normal.

If i could get rid of the pain i would feel quite well.

my cancer has been upgraded from grade 2 to 3 DNA tests being done to decide follow up treatment.

• Hi

I can't help with your questions, as I haven't had the same type of operation as you, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies.

It must be horrible being in pain right now so can I suggest that you join and post your question in the breast cancer group as I'm sure you'll find lots of people there who have had the same operation as you.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post your question after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

I hope the pain lessens soon

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thankyou Latchbrookx

I have done as you suggest

X

• Hi

I have had the exact surgery as you and pain is unbearable after 10 days . I am taking cocodamol and paracetamol.  Iv been to doctors and then back to hospital as I had sarcoma. They have drained the fluid and it is a little more comfortable.

Xx

• Hi Nyla and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you're in pain after having surgery. You may not realise but the original poster is no longer a member of the online community so you won't get a reply from them.

I'm not sure from your post whether you've been diagnosed with breast cancer or a soft tissue sarcoma, so can I recommend that you join either the breast cancer forum or the soft tissue sarcoma forum, depending on your diagnosis, both of which are great places to ask questions, share experiences and get support.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I will join the groups you suggest.

Thank you again