Daily chat thread - How are you today?

• 46 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hello everyoneGreen heart

This is a thread for all members of the Online Community to come together and chat. Please do say hello!

• Share your daily activities, anything you've found helpful, or any other news you'd like to share.
  • It's a general thread for day to day chatter and a chance to connect with more members from across the Community. 

Why not check in and let everyone know how you're doing today?

• Hi Lee, I'm doing well, as is Poppy, have enjoyed my 7 weeks free of hospitals, got away a few times which has been a big help hope your still going to the Christie cafe, we have the flourish cafe, it's close to the hospice, lets dogs in and everythings homemade, be careful and keep smiling.

Eddie

•  Cheers 

Lee

• Cheers Eddie,  give poppy a biscuit for me , the christies don't do dogs but I'll pop them a question tomorrow when I go in 

Take care 

Lee

• Good luck with that Lee, Poppy likes a sausage, just like someone you know, I think we all like a sausage.

Eddie

• Not doing great anxiety levels of the scale.

MRI scan on Friday waiting for appointment for Pet scan, terrified it's worse than I'm hoping for 

• Hi  

I’ve noticed you joined the cervical group and thought you might want to also post there to connect with others who are going through similar feelings and fears? I’m just concerned that your post may be get lost in a general chit chat thread?

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I was advised to think of my energy levels like a battery. If it feels low, I’ll rest, if it feels okay, I’ll work/go for a walk/make the dinner - you know, the ‘normal’ things Grin

• Hi Jay

The waiting can be the worst part. I’ve learnt to stop trying to predict any outcomes as I’ve always been wrong. You could try counting down the days to each appointment. 
    Try and do some things you enjoy and are able to do to distract you.

• So sorry to hear that! You need to offload if possible and find someone to talk to. Try not to think too negatively (not that that’s something I do, worry about everything). If possible try to write a letter or story in your head so you concentrate on that instead of worrying. Anything like that it works for me or try just going through words of a song, maybe rewrite it to make it you own! Hope this helps sending positivity to you. Carole

• Hi FloC, yes I agree. I'm just tired a lot, but that's untreated sleep apnea. been diagnosed in Germany 14 years ago and couldn't use the mask (phobia and ripped it off in the sleeping lab). nowadays they doing smaller ones, only covering the nose. I thought I'd give it a go... I'm on the waiting list for 3 years now... I might beat cancer and instead perish in my sleep Thinking sorry that's my sense of humour Smile