Father's diagnosis

• 5 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi all,

I finished treatment for TNBC in February 2023 and as of my last checkup back in October everything looks good.  Obviously my family were delighted but we have just been told that my Dad has Myeloma in his bone marrow. They need to do more scans to see the extent and to check for other issues.  Is there anyone on here with experience of Myeloma. My sister and brother spoke with the doctor this morning who said that he would probably have weekly injections and take tablets at home. Different to my experience with chemotherapy, a lumpectomy and radiotherapy. I live in Wales and my family are all in Dublin so I feel a bit helpless right now.

• Forgot to say that my Dad is 82 years old and is not very mobile.

• Hello   It's great to read you have completed your own treatment - but so sorry to read of Dad's issues. We do have a forum for Myeloma Cancer and to get the best help and advice I would advise that you join this forum:

Myeloma forum 

If you click on the link I have provided it will take you there. Once the page opens up just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page  You can then either copy and paste or repost your post in the "New Here" section of the Community.

I hope the above helps - if I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  sorry to hear about your dad….. the blood cancer  journey is ever so complicated (I have lived with my type of incurable blood cancer for over 24 years) but you may want join our dedicated Myeloma support group.

I help out around our various blood cancer groups and I will say that the general rule the older the patient the less treatment options there are as blood cancers tend to need strong treatments.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Brian will join the group.

• Hi Mike thank you for your reply. Over 24 years, I really admire your strength and hope my Dad has some fight in him.