Shampoo recommendations

• 12 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi there, I'm due to start chemo soon, and wondered if anyone would be able to recommend a shampoo that's free from sulphates, parabens and all the nasty stuff? Found 2 that looked ok; Super Nutrient Shampoo from The Cornish Seaweed Bath Company, and Mediceuticals Folligen Shampoo for normal hair and scalp. 

I'd be interested to hear what people here used/are using.

Thanks

Em

• Hi, I’ve done 6/8 chemo cycles so far and have been cold capping. On the advice of my chemo nurse I’ve been using Simple shampoo and conditioner. It’s best to use the most basic that you can. Try to avoid baby shampoo.

Im planning on trying the Cornish seaweed stuff when I’ve finished to try to help with my regrowth. xxx

• Thanks very much indeed....I appreciate your suggestion Slight smile

• Hi, I’ve been using Faith in Nature fragrance free which is recommended on my ward. You can get it in Holland & Barrett. Xx

• Brilliant....thanks for the recommendation Slight smile

• I went on a look good feel better course and they recommended the faith in nature. I've used https://moogooskincare.co.uk/pages/about-us after a google search done before the course. Have found the shampoo and conditioner helps lessen my itchy scalp and i only wash my hair twice a week on chemo unlike the usual every day. Its falling out like mad even with cold cap but in a good state as it goes

Ninsim Heart️

• Hi, can I ask what round of cold cap you are on? Is there a particular round you found it stopped working? X

• Thanks very much Slight smile

• Faith in nature - fragrance free. Also fussy deodorant - fragrance free. I used cetaphil as a soap in the shower as my skin was dry on chemo. And a non foaming toothpaste is gentler on your mouth. I used green people, but there are others eg urtekram. If you are cold capping - a silk pillow case and bamboo cap will help limit tension on your hair follicles when you move at night. Cancer hair care is a useful source of info x

• I used Moogoo milk shampoo and only washed my hair once a week during chemo. To help re-growth once chemo was finished I use the Cornish seaweed stuff (don't use this while on chemo as the last thing you want is scalp stimulation with chemo drugs in your system!). Hope you are coping well with it all x

• Am using Faith in Nature Fragrance free at the mo, but thanks for your tips.