New here

• 17 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi, I’m new here. I decided to join to speak to others to ask for help and support that are going through the same. I’m 33, I found out in February I had breast, after all my appointments I had surgery about 3 weeks ago. I had a lumpectomy and 4 lymph nodes removed. The results of these were all negative. I’m now due to start radio therapy in a few weeks and tamoxifen possibly next week. I’m worried about taking tamoxifen? 

• Thanks so much I’d definitely like to take you up on that and so grateful for your support & learnings x

• That’s awesome ! I’ve certainly become even more mindful of what I eat since I’ve found out my diagnosis. I’ve always eaten well but the pandemic has meant more Deliveroo orders as we’ve been juggling work and childcare and by evening I’ve been too shattered to cook. I must say cancer has triggered a big shift in mindset about what’s important in life - work is definitely not going to be in the front seat anymore and health and balance is going to be key for me to make time for what’s important - at least there is an upside to all this crap right? :) xx

• Hi,

I’ve been taking Tamoxifen for 4 months and have been absolutely fine, a few minimal side effects in the first couple of weeks, hot flushes and leg cramps, no weight gain at all.  I’ve improved my diet, more fruit veg and fibre and have been making an effort to exercise every day, and I think this can help prevent side effects and recurrence. 

Hope this helps Slight smile x

• Thank you, hoping to start my Tamoxifen when I start Radio. Spoke to a nurse as we have a little family break away to Butlin’s and she said if I was worried then to just start it after and if I did have any side effects then at least I’ll be seeing them everyday for radio. But trying to keep up with daily exercise and eating healthy x

• Hi all, I've just joined this group and I had my lump removed and 2 lymph nodes in February after being diagnosed in January . Lymph nodes clear but lump bigger than expected so had to have a second operation in March. I started tamoxifen 11 days ago and so far no side effects but I'm assuming they are still getting into my system. I started radiotherapy last Monday, 5 days normal radiotherapy then this coming week I have another 5dsys of concentrated radiotherapy. So far staying positive and plsd no side effects to report. Happy to chat to anyone if there's any questions as it's very much at the forefront of my mind xx

• Hi this is SO reassuring! Thanks for sharing this - glad side effects have been minimal and brilliant you’re exercising! The hubby just got a peloton which I am hoping will spur me into action! :).Good  luck with the rest of treatment! My radiotherapy starts Monday and happy to get cracking and plan LIFE! :) xxxx

• That’s great  will be so lovely to have a little break from it all :) Good luck with the tamoxifen once it starts! Xxx