Bra after surgery

• 2 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi Wave I have surgery planned in 2 weeks. 
I gave high grade DCIS , no lymph node removal . Bit nervous to be honest . 
Only ever had a C section. 
im just wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to what might help in terms of a type of bra to recommend . 
can someone in M & S help me choose or if someone could send link would be great. 
Any other tips would be very grateful . 
xxxx 

• Hi Satch welcome to the forum. It is ok to be worried, we all were, but you will get through this and come out the other side. 

I think the best types of bras are soft like sports bras without underwires for after surgery as you will most likely have to sleep with it on for a few weeks after surgery. You can get these in Marks and Spencers and also Asda.  Other folks will be along soon to offer some further suggestions as it is something that happens for us all so plenty of suggestions coming your way. 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks so much , my bras I have at the mo are non wired , but I would have to pull over my head , there not back fasteners .. from Avon , but I’m thinking front fasteners might be kinder, also the area they are removing from , it might be sore to push boobs together ? I’m probably overthinking it .. 

also anyone that’s had similar surgery , I’d like to  know how many days they had off work ?