Nipple Discharge

• 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi All,

Sorry to disturb you watching the football. My sister was diagnosed straight away with stage 4 breast cancer age 43. She is now 50 and doing well with ongoing treatment.  I am 47 and have for about 3 weeks noticed clear discharge from my right breast. I have lumps and bumps in both breasts and was last checked in September.  Breast cancer runs in my family. Should I be worried about this clear discharge?  Is this a symptom? 

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  Any advice really appreciated.

• Hi Teddy23 welcome to the forum.

With Breast Cancer running in your family getting that discharge checked out is vital. So pick up that phone and make an appointment to be seen by a Gp as this is as you say a new development and a change. The sooner you are seen the sooner you will know if it is anything to be worried about or not? Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hello! My wife has brown nipple discharge and went straight to the GP. Cut a long story short they’ve found a lump (lobula Neoplasia) which was causing the discharge. Waiting on a biopsy result (abnormal cells have been found) and the word ‘pre cancerous’ has been mentioned. 

please get it checked out. Fingers crossed tone1