Eyebrows…

• 5 replies
  • 25 subscribers

I have always been blessed with very dark, thick eyebrows so when they start falling (I had my first chemo on Friday) it’s going to be sooo apparent!

Has anyone had any good results with stamp on type brows that you I with a stamp and stencil?

It’s not for everyday wear really just for the few festive days where the demon camera will be out I’m sure (I still want to be present in the pictures rather the hiding!). Also - lashes…. I’m thinking the magnetic ones maybe better rather than potentially being allergic to the glue?

I’m super aware that these are very vain things and not what will be what is on everyone’s mind right now. I’d just like to try and be me as much as I can over Christmas.

Thank you for any experiences you can share.

Take care, one step at a time…

• Hi JelloH

Not at all vain- it's about identity and how you feel. I understand that you just want to be you over Christmas and look the best you can with any photos. 

My eyebrows didn't actually fall out, just a bit of thinning, that could easily be pencilled in. 

My bottom eye lashes did come out but because I am fair and my eyes felt really irritated I did not do anything about it- I just waited for them to come back- and they did- soon after chemo. My top lashes thinned. The magnetic ones might be best to try as you might find the glue would irritate them more than normal. My skin around my eyes did become very sensitive. 

These might help.

A leading cancer support charity - Look Good Feel Better : Look Good Feel Better

Look Good, Feel Better - Macmillan Cancer - Macmillan Cancer Support

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you so much for your reply. It’s always nice to be able to learn from other people’s experiences.

A bit of thinning would be fine (I’m a bit of a Gallagher brother in the eyebrow department), I’m just more worried about waking up one day to nothing! I’m only one round down currently so everything is hanging on in there at the moment - I was just trying to get organised in preparation. 

I have booked an eyebrow/skincare/make up session with LGFB but couldn’t get on until 6th February. But I may get more from it by then as I will know more where I’m at.

Thank you again for your help and time.

Take care x

• My brows got thinner over time. My lower eyelashes I didn't really notice until one day I looked in the mirror. They came back quickly. I used mild eye lash serum on both, to keep moisturised. Can't remember what is was called but I got it from Boots.

It's worth asking at your hospital if they have any beauty sessions- sometimes they do run things locally.

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi   my eyebrows didn’t fall out til after my 6th or 7th chemo, I lost hair & lashes first. I used the stick on ones, mine weren’t that dark but you can get different colours & even draw on them if you want them darker. I used this site for mine & they were pretty easy to use.

https://www.zaralenacosmetics.co.uk

It’s not being vain, it’s not looking like you have cancer! Just to feel normal & blend in. 

for lashes I used the Eyelure C lash which are normal length ones as I’m not into the huge false ones! They have a strip you can take off and stick to your eyelid or you can glue them so have both options. I got mine off amazon but they sell them in boots & superdugs. 

Also worth booking yourself on the lookgoodfeelgood makeup session, they teach you how to draw on eyebrows & give an illusion of lashes, plus you get a huge bag of free cosmetics!  

• Thank you for asking this   as I've been wondering this too.  Abd hhank you everyone for your responses and suggestions.  Blush