Lobular breast cancer and genomic profiling

• 6 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi all, currently awaiting results from genomic profiling of my tumor with the view of seeing if I would benefit from chemo. Has anyone else had this type of further testing post surgery (tumor out, clear margins, now awaiting treatment plan and this testing is the key)? thanks.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't had this type of testing but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. However, I can see that your same post in the main breast cancer group has and I hope you're finding them helpful.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I had invasive lobular breast cancer. Had 2 surgeries as biopsies after 1st surgery showed it In lymph nodes and medial margins. Now having chemo but was never offered this testing. Good luck on your journey 

• Hi, thanks for your note, I have had a few replies - not sure on which post (the under 50's or general discussions) and I have replied to them. I'll look at my profile now, thanks for flagging. This seems to be a great forum for general support, which is the point I'm starting to hit a few months into this journey.

• Thank you, I hope you're feeling ok, its such a journey to be on, some days I realise I'm on it, some days I don't. I've been lucky in that there was nothing in my lymphs, despite the tumor being quite big. Its been a crazy few months. Appreciate the reply x

• I really hope you don’t have to have the chemo cause that’s the thing that really does make you ill. It’s a hard journey to get through 

• I'm 3 weeks into a 3-4 week wait for the genomic profile / molecular testing results, although I understand if it happens its all preventative for the future, I'm still really struggling with the prospect of chemo. Literally just waiting for the call, at a time I thought all my waiting was done. Hope you start to feel better with it all soon x