Implant reconstruction

• 15 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi, I am 27 and was diagnosed brca positive a couple of years ago and have recently decided to go ahead with a double mastectomy. 

I was wondering has anyone had reconstruction via an implant and if you could offer any advice please

• P.S. Additional for perspective, I'm BRCA2 positive and very fortunate to have not had cancer xx

• Hey Gemma, thank you so so much for sharing all this. This is really helpful for me, especially with understanding in advance things like the fluid build up in the drains and what to keep an eye on. It’s sounds like you’re doing so well in your recovery, great. I wouldn’t have thought about the front closing bras being irritating to my new boobs but yeah can see how with the way you described. 
    The itchiness with the healing was annoying for me with my last surgery to remove my fallopian tubes, I never knew antihistamines could help! 
    I appreciate your best wishes for my surgery, please do give us an update in a few weeks time and it sounds like you’ll be well on your way to holding your baby.

Hugs,

Marie x

• Hi I just wanted to say thank you - I had my SMX with recon on Tuesday and this was really helpful to me - especially about the drains.  X

• I'm so pleased it helped. Best of luck with your recovery! X

• Good luck with your recovery x