Loss of my wife

• 12 replies
  • 29 subscribers

It's been nearly  2 years since my wife passed away from cancer , I've had to take my wedding g ring of because  it's been bent out of shape I went to see I could get it fixed the jewellers said he Heartould but he didn't  want to incase he damaged it or broke , how long did it take for  people to  takeof there wedding ring  Heart️

• I'm sorry to hear that Andrew, I know exactly what that's like - gut wrenchingly horrible.

I hope you have some luck with your ring - even if they have to melt it down and recast it, I'm sure they can do it.

I have a friend who lost two wives in about 16years, He had both rings melted down and made them into one. It can be done!!!

• Hi Andrew,

For me it was nine months,  I had actually kept my wife's ring and was wearing that too, along with another ring on my other hand.  My new profession in the ambulance service stipulated 1 single plain wedding band could be worn.  When I started my first day at work, I took them all off and they never went back on.  It may sound awful, but for me this was a huge part of moving on with my life and felt very significant. I keep both of the rings together and I kind if like that,  since me and my wife can't be.