The Silliest of Things

• 2 replies
  • 33 subscribers

As I went through the supermarket today I saw a foodstuff product; it just brought me back to a place, time and evening just like that.

It was both wonderful and so sad at the same time. A complete paradox of emotions. 

I have had a few of these situations: thinking I saw 'her' in the street in a town, a jacket that 'she' used to wear, and the colour of hair 'she' always thought she'd have by a certain age.

I'm still reluctant to use our real names. I guess I still don't want to be potentially recognised by anyone who may know me. I find that a little sad though. What do I have to hide?

Well, that is this one one - the silliest of things in the supermarket freezer this evening!Shrug

Take care,

WDJ

• I dont know what to say and nothing I could say could possibly make any of this any better for you. However, I hope it helps to know that others are thinking of you.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Think this happens a lot and you won't think you are going insane I think a lot of people think they see friends and family who have passed right in front of them.  I have a cousin who thought she saw my dad at an airport one time while going on holiday. The man she said had the look of my dad his walk and all his mannerisms the way he stood, the way he looked at things etc. My sister said she thought she used to see him at home in the hallway out the corner or her eye. I've still to experience this with my husband and I daresay one day it will happen unexpectedly. It's good though if you get some comfort from this knowing your wife  somewhere in a way maybe still around somewhere looking out for you. My best wishes to you moving forward. Take Care.

Vicky x