Life’s hard

• 4 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi am Tina  am a single mum now as my husband passed away in August and we’re finding it difficult  I need to help with my thoughts  and help my kids get through a horrible time 

• I wonder what age your kids are - my husband died in October and my sons are university age, so I get a few weeks each term of being on my own, which lets me do a different type of processing to being 'in Mum mode' trying to keep everything operating 'as normal' to help my sons. Not sure I would be coping too well without that time to focus mostly on me.  The hospice that looked after my husband at the end offer support for everyone in the family, including special kids sessions/activities - do you have access to anything like that?

Cancer treatments March 2021 - October 2023

• Hi Tina,

I lost my wife almost three and a half years ago,  two boys who where 11 and 15 at the time. It was hard but we managed and created a new dynamic. My children got support from the hospice my wife passed at,  they had music therapy and a children's support group. My eldest engaged far more than my youngest .  How old are your children? I'd say take their lead on the help they need,  as I said before, my eldest who is now 18 had a lot of help, including counseling and my youngest,  now 16 hardly any and they've both coped brilliantly. 

Take care 

Carl

xx

• Hi sorry for your loss too.  sorry for late reply but my  boys having big meltdowns Disappointed  I have 9 kids altogether but older 5 ones are adults and struggling but 4 left  ones  21 / 16 / which have special needs x twins 12  all boys   Some times a make time for my self  in the house  but  am struggling as am disabled which is hard, under a lot of pressure  our hospice help us  and the boys therapist too  but they have shut down again, so am very worried about all our mental health xxxx

T.Dickens 

• Thanks sorry for yr loss. Carl yes it’s hard we’re  getting some help  but my boys  shut down again they are finding it very difficult to move forward,  did doesn’t help that they have special needs,  I have 9 kids 5 are adults x 4 younger at home plus am disabled  so things bit difficult xx 

T.Dickens