I wish you all a peaceful Christmas

• 5 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hello lovely people

Just off to bed but wanted to say thank you to this Community this last year. It has been so helpful and we have shared such a lot. We are Speech balloonthinking of our loved ones who have died Whether it was today , yesterday or two years ago. Or more. We won't forget them. Never.

Keep strong for them and for us to continue this difficult journey.

Love and hugs 

• Thank You FifinetKissing heart and the same to you. This is my first Christmas without my husband Jay who passed from bowel cancer this year back in June. Is going to feel very strange already is. I am so used to him bustling about in the kitchen getting things prepped for dinner on Christmas Day. That was his domain at Christmas. Dinner tomorrow will be quite low key with just my sister and myself and I will see my son and his family tomorrow morning. My best wishes to you. 

xx

• Hi Fifinet and everyone else.

I've deliberately waited until the day is over to reply. I hope everyone here has done the best they can.

I? I hate the day but my stepson did me proud as he did everything this year. I'm so grateful - but do I want it again? No. 

It will never be the same, it's just reality.

I really hope everyone can make of it what they can. But for me? I'll leave it simply that I can let it pass.

Take care,

WDJ

• Hi Everyone1

Hope you all had a good Christmas Day as much as you possibly could. I can now say I have got through my first one in 40 years without my dear husband Jay. My son William and his fiancee Nicole absolutely excelled themselves. I thought I was only going for `brunch` sandwiches etc but it turned out to be a full lunch and had quite a plateful his dad would have approved as cooking was his thing and the kitchen at Christmas was his domain.  It was great to spend time with them and to see my little granddaughter open her presents. Gran of course spoiled her rotten much to her mum's disapproval but Jay always said she's our grandaughter and it would be a sad day if we couldn't spoil her at Christmas. I have my older sister staying with me over the holiday so what we would have had for Christmas dinner yesterday fortunately was able to keep until today. I just haven't been able to thank them enough for getting me through the day and I just hope he was somewhere in the room with us and watching everything going on. Just the new year holiday to get by now and then we are into 2024 and hopefully with a new year, I can begin to actually start to move forward properly. Take Care everyone.

xx

• Hi all, for me Christmas/New Year is the loneliest time without Rob, it shouldnt  be as he has a massive family but unfortunately they decided that they did not want to know me and my daughter once he had passed and Ive never heard from them since (over 2 years).

Once New Year is over Ill be Ok again, I guess its the memory of the traditions I miss.  My daughter and I have made new traditions but sadly its not the same.

• I had a better Christmas than i thought i would at my daughters. Then i have just came home and it all hit me again as soon as i walked through the door. I am dreading New Year as it will then mean my husband has no part of that year at all, if that makes sense, he passed away in July.