Husband gone

• 4 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi all so ceremony over two weeks on still feeling lost alone and can’t face the days alone without my husband such a lot of emotions 

• Hi there sorry to hear about your husband. I am 5 months on from when my husband passed away, and i still am feeling lost and alone. I have just been to a swimming competition for my Granddaughters, so was in a place with hundreds of people but still felt alone. I have never felt this bad even when my parents both died when i was in my teens. The other half of me is missing, which i am sure is how you are feeling to. I wish i could help by saying something positive but sadly i can't. Take care.

• Hello Mandi!

I too echo just about everything Dipsy has just said. I am 5 months in also from losing my husband to bowel cancer. The silence in my house is `deafening` now. I try to stay as occupied as possible but for as much I try there is still something `missing`. I'd love to say it will get better but still `early days` for me so can't say on that. Some days I achieve little things on my own maybe something he used to take care of and that gives me a boost and feel elated a little but then brought back down to earth as he's not here to see me achieve that. Every little milestone that has happened since he passed he can't see. My first Christmas in 40 years without him coming up and I feel I will just put on a front for that the day will probably come and go just like every other day has since he passed but I will make an effort if only for my little granddaughter. Was going to put decorations up today but put it back for another day. My best wishes to you going forward. Take Care.

xx

• Agh thank sorry for your loss Heart️  we are all in the same boat I find myself looking at couples in the shop and having to walk out it’s such a sinking feeling can’t face Xmas it’s awful like you I have a grandchild so lights only we agreed this year I’m so sad all the time thank you for your message xxx

• Yeah It's worse when you see couples out together. The one that gets me is when you see them walking along holding hands we used to do that a lot. I was at a hospital appointment with my sister last week and a couple walked along the corridor laughing and joking with one another - and holding hands! and it just triggered memories for me. Yes it's going to be hard at Christmas but will just try to make the best of it as possible. 

xx