Mobile phone

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I haven't cancelled my husband's mobile phone yet. 

I remember we got our mobiles together in the 1990's, it was a special set up called Duo for couples so we have the same number except for the last digit.

It doesn't cost much for his line and I keep his phone charged. I guess it is a similar concept to sorting out clothes, you do when you are ready.

• Daybreak2,

I get what you mean with the comparison with the clothes. I kept my wife's account open for a month and then cancelled the contract. They let me keep the phone but I'll have to recharge it at some point as there are some phone numbers I'm looking for, which I think will be on that. It'll be hard looking through it again.

On another phone related matter, I was deleting some 'Alexa' stuff from the app and came across my wife's voice on a couple of the 'instructions'. It was very emotional. They've been stuck in my head since yesterday.

Take care,

WDJ

• My daughter bought me a build a bear for Christmas and in it she put Robs voice which was a voicemail from her phone into the bear. I can hear his  voice any time I want by pressing the paw.

So happy to have received, such a wonderful present.

• I lost my lovely husband just 13 weeks ago and I have renewed his contract on his phone - just in case! (not sure 'just in case' what!) he has lots of pics on it that i don't have (some from our wedding just 18 days before he passed) and files I panicked i might loose if the contract ran out so i just renewed it for 2 years and set it up to divert any calls to my mobile - only about £10 a month.

No way can I sort out anything personal, his toothbrush is still in the same place he left it along with everything else.

xxxx