My 1st Xmas alone too

• 36 replies
  • 36 subscribers

As we know this site offers much strength. Each word given by others with special memory is comforting. This is also my first Xmas without my wife of nearly 55 years who passed in August from lung cancer. It was painful and I owe so much to the kindness of hospice. My beloved daughter and family have invited me for Xmas Eve and the day which I will go to. But I do not like imposing especially as my son-in-law's parents are so insensitive and dominating. To all of you out there somewhere all our departed loved ones will be looking on .. together. Have a happy Xmas for them. 

• Hi Birch

thank you for your wishes  to our loved ones 

yes lost husband Paul to lung cancer 24/7/22

miss him like hell married 44 years

take care everyone 

xx

• Thank you for your wishes to our loved ones.

My husband Chris died on 10/10/22 from lung cancer, only 25 days after diagnosis. We had 28 amazing years together and I'm so blessed that I loved him and felt his love in return.

May we all find moments of peace and hope. Blessings to you all xx

• Hello Birch,

Thank you for your good wishes to our departed loved ones.

I lost my Lin to metastatic breast cancer on 14/11/2021, so I have already had a first Christmas without her. However, because I had been so busy sorting things out in the lead up to Christmas last year, it seemed to be better than I had feared but this year I seem to be dreading this Christmas more. Whether it's because I have more time to dwell on things I don't or because the last week was the anniversary of her funeral, I just don't know. I miss her so, so much after being together for 44 years.

I am going to my daughter's Christmas Day, so will be spending a lovely time with my grandchildren who are 4 and 7, and I know Lin would be so pleased about that. Family was everything to her, especially at times like Christmas and birthdays. She will be there with us in spirit.

Have a happy Christmas and stay strong,

Derek Broken heart

• Hi Dell boy

yes I suppose we all need to stay positive and yes it’s far easier said than done

miss my Paul also married 44 years part (big part) of my DNA missing like all of us

Paul passed away  24/7/22 my first Christmas totally utterly dreading it

hope everyone here finds the inner strength to get through this and every day that follows 

it so bloody hard

best wishes to everyone 

xx

• Oh my!

I decided to put the tree and decorations up. Initially I wasn't going to but then I thought a few days ago this isn't for me so they are going up.

That's it now done. I've tried to put everything where I think they are 'meant' to go. I have simply been a mess throughout the whole process. 

Take care,

WDJ

• Hi WDJ

Well doneThumbsupThumbsup

me…… just can’t face tree decorations anything

i am ( through tears) managing to wrap Christmas presents

However…. Wrapped in tissue paper no tags in a Christmas bag with xx on the tag……

and it’s hard!

xx

• Hi Bess,

I've decided that there will be absolutely no cards and presents will be very limited.

Like you, tears flowed - when the tree was put up and taking one particular 'regular' who comes out of a box at this time of year. I saw it and just fell apart. 

Goodness knows what the 25th is going to bring!

Take care, 

WDJ

• Hi. My name is Kate.  I am suffering with cancer and lost my husband to it on 22nd September this year. I was married for 22 years and not really coping.  It's the first Christmas without him. I have decided I don't want a tree. Presents or cards feel so alone even with family member and friends supporting me. They all say they no how I feel but they don't as they haven't lost a partner 

• Oh my, Kate, I’m so sorry to hear what you are going though as if losing your husband wasn’t cruel enough,

I lost my husband in October, just 18 days after we finally got married, just 5 months after diagnosis of unknown primary.

I'm not doing cards or presents, well, I’m sending Andy a husband Christmas card, cancer is not taking that away from me. I will put the tree and decorate up as he loved it and even though we have no family (apart from my mum coming) I will do it for Andy, it will be hard.

It’s very lonely, even if friends are around (I don’t want them around though) no one knows what this pain is like apart from us in this awful club we didn’t want to join.

sending you a massive cwtch as we say here in Wales, we are here for each other as ‘we get It’ 

xxxx

• Thank you so much for replying.  I am so sorry to hear about your husband. As you say the pain is unbearable at the moment. I am being told it will get easier. That's what I am praying for. Let's please keep in touch. Just knowing you are there helps