Loss of my wife

• 22 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Yesterday I was having a good morning ,after doing the garden I was watching the TV and I don't know what happened I just started to cry for no reason,it vojld have been a program that I was watching my wife Jean used to love it 

• Hello

quite normal, I still find it challenging being around people I don’t know, I guess there is a requirement to make conversation, but with family it’s not the same. You did the right thing, 

keep safe

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Hi I've  been going through the tv programme's that my wife had recorded and been deleting the one's I didn't watch with her but I have left some some I might watch  ,she had programme's on ghe box from over a year ago that she didn't get round to watch them 

• Hi Andrew.  I did exactly the same.  Nic recorded a lot of things which we would have watched together and I would have liked.  However, none of them held any interest for me any more so I deleted them all.  I have the TV on all the time, but watch hardly anything properly.  The same with books as I skim read and miss all the detail.

• Jean loved reading books and listening to audio books we had a differences of books we both listened to and the same in music 

• Nic wasn't a big reader as he was dyslexic, but we both loved music.  He got me into live music and we went to lots of different festivals.  Great memories.

• Hello

I have so many series on the go, no doubt when I get back to some of them, Netflix, would have removed them, find it easy to lose interest, I am reading a book The man who dies twice, with my sisters in law, we read 3 chapters a week, remotely at the same time time, it’s very numerous in places, shouldn’t let the title put you off.

I was watching bewitched with Linda, both really enjoyed it, now just annoys me, don’t understand, is it because she’s not here with me ??? I just don’t know

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• How long did it take you to go through there clothes  ,I don't know if I can go through that by myself 

• Hi Andrew, this is a tough one.  Nic died in February 2021. I gave all his winter coats to a homeless charity in November last year so quite a while after, but I wanted to know they would help people during the winter.  I went through everything else earlier this year and today finally plucked up the courage to give it all to a charity.  So 16 months in all.  It had been in bags for months and months before I could bring myself to give it away.  It is such a personal thing, so please take as much time as you need to do this.  I've kept some of Nic's clothes that I can wear - shorts, t-shirts and hoodies - so I still have some of his things.  I did it on my own when I felt it was the right thing to do.

• Hi Andrew,

It is now 8 months since my Sharon passed and, apart from giving a few odd items to the Hospice shop, all Sharon’s clothes are where she left them. Everyone tells me you will know when you are ready to let such personal items go and have a clear out. There is no set time and certainly you not do it until you are sure you are strong enough to take on this task. Sharon had a lot of beautiful dresses as we enjoyed cruising, and going out for dinner, occasionally I open the wardrobe and look as it helps bring back many happy memories, but I cannot yet let them go. I suppose I am afraid that it may feel like I am removing my one true love from my life, and this thought literally terrifies me ! 

Take care and best wishes to all in your challenges, at times the world can seem a very lonely place, even now when I am on holiday with my brother and his partner !!

Paul x

• We were supposed to ho on holiday this year with the family but when Jean she was getting worse we had to cancel the holiday  with them we were both looking forward to it they wanted me to come with them so I had a look for the week they are away it would cost so much for me to get a hotel room ,there were no single rooms available so it would have to be double so I said it's wasn't worth it  but I do really want to go