New Year's Wishes

• 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hello everyone,

I would like to wish everyone on here a happy 2022. The word "happy" doesn't feel right somehow, but I trust that you know what I mean. All my best wishes are with you all. Hopefully the year will be as good as it can be for every single one of you. Like Dutsie said yesterday, and like we keep reminding each other all the time, be kind to yourselves. But I would also like to encourage you to live in the present moment as much as you can as it is in the present moment where the pain becomes bearable and where you can find the feeling of okayness, of love, of friendship, of kindness, and also of the intrinsic beauty in things. Believe me, our loved ones would want that for us. I know it's hard, but we can do it.

Lots of love to you all XXX

• Well said Mel! There is always a reason to smile even though you may not feel like it. Just need to look for it # collateral beauty 

• Thanks Mel, great advice once again, I’m trying each day to do something positive which I enjoy.

Todays plan is to cook breakfast for friends who stayed last night before I head out for a game of golf.

Have the best day you can everyone xx

• Hi Mel and Dutsie 

Yes I live for today now. I no longer worry what people think and do as I please (and my children). I lived a long time for everyone else and it got me nowhere. 

Now if I want to go out with friends I do, if I want to stay home I do .... 

My mum calls me selfish because I am not always at her beck and call, she has an arthritic hip but so do I, two in fact! She is jealous mine should soon be replaced by as I work in at The Nuffield..

I have had covid over Christmas and New Year,  Day 6 but still positive today but at least I can't get this variant again!!! So much for the vaccines! It has confirmed my doubt in those and the government handling of it all!!! 

But let's say this year can only get better and one day at a time. So Champagne glass to all.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hi Alison,

Hope you are not feeling too bad with covid? A lot of people are getting it but it seems that it is not as bad as in the previous year, so hopefully, the vaccines are working. 

Being kind to yourself and finding your own way is NOT selfish. I  am glad you are doing what is right for you!

Every year, I say its got to get better next year and bit by bit it is....

Sending you lots of love and a virtual hug, 

Dutsie Xx

• Thank you for this beautiful message. We know too well how short life can be, so yes, let's embrace the moment, without worrying too much about what others may think and follow our way! We deserve it, and yes that's exactly what our loved ones would want us to do!

xxx