Struggling

• 4 replies
  • 33 subscribers

My husband passed away a week ago and I’m struggling. A friend messaged me, saying that grief is love in another form, which makes sense but I can’t believe I’m never going to see, touch, hold or speak to him again, 48 happy years and I still have things I want to tell him. When will it get easier?

Budge

• Hi, I am so sorry to  hear your sad news,  From what I read it doesn’t get easier just gets less hard (if that makes sense?). We are all taking 1 day/hour/minute at a time.

I lost Rob almost 9 weeks ago and talk to him every day, I rant and rave sometimes at him re leaving me but other times I tell him how much I love and miss him.

Keep coming to the forum, I have found some great advice/words of comfort and has helped me in my journey.

Virtual Hug

G

• Thanks for your words of advice and hopefully it will get less hard. I can’t remember a time without Mart in my life. 
    Although I’ve booked a date for his funeral, the thought of going through their doors, makes it so final, how stupid is that. oh, I’m a mess x

• Hello budge13, I’m so sorry for your loss. Those early days and weeks are beyond awful. It’s just over a year for me. Like you we’d been together for 46 years. When planning for Chris’ funeral, someone told me to think of it as doing one last thing to celebrate the wonderful person I’d loved so very much. I held on to that thought as I planned the service and as I went through the day. I’d be lying if I said I held it together through most of the service, but I sobbed quietly rather than loudly. 
    As for how things are this far down the line- I cry less but I do still cry. Unexpected things overwhelm me. I still have days where I can’t get motivated to do anything much but I cling on to the support I get from some wonderful friends. They freely admit that they decant imagine what I’m going through but they’re there when I need them. Our two sons are amazing but they too are grieving. 
    Take things steadily, just an hour at a time if that’s all you can face. Be as kind to yourself as you can be. And use this site- we really get it and there is always someone who’ll offer kind words of comfort or practical advice. 
    Sending hugs and strength

Jane

x

• Thank you for your kind words. I will follow the forum but I’m not ready for much else x